Let's break it down first...
Your metabolism is the total amount of energy needed for both bodily functions and physical activity.
Your metabolism is actually broken down into 5 areas.
1. Basal metabolic rate (BMR) - the minimum level of energy needed to sustain life. Responsible for 70% of your metabolism.
2. Resting metabolic rate (RMR) - part of BMR, but also includes movement and food intake.
3. Thermic effect of feeding (TEF) - eating and digesting food requires energy. Around 10% of your metabolism. Protein requires the most energy to digest!
4. Exercise - For sedentary folks, this can make up only 10-15% of metabolism. For active folks, it can be more than 30%! Exercise done at a higher intensity not only burns calories during exercise, but also after.
5. Non-exercise activity - Light activity that takes place every day. Includes moving around your office or home, fidgeting, walking stairs, yard work, cleaning, etc.
So, how do you speed up your metabolism in order to lose weight?
1. Workout at a higher intensity.
Playing sports, weightlifting, cycling classes and other activities that elevate your heart rate and get you out of breath.
Kettlebells are a great way to elevate your heart rate and get you out of breath in a short amount of time!
Just another reason I love showing people how to swing a kettlebell for fat loss.
2. Eat protein at every meal, including snacks.
Protein not only requires more energy, but also sends signals to your brain that you are full much more effectively than carbs.
3. Make an effort to move every day.
Take the stairs instead of the elevator, do yard work, clean your bathrooms are all forms of activity that will raise your metabolism.
Although, these activities are the smallest contributors to your metabolism, they've been found to be an important indicator of weight loss or weight gain.
What can you do to raise your metabolism today? 💪
Online Kettlebell Training, Kettlebell Instructor, Kettlebell Workout, Kettlebells, Online Kettlebell Coach, Kettlebell Trainer, Weight Loss, Lose Weight, Fat Loss, Eat Healthy, Nutrition, Kettlebell Swings For Fat Loss